If you know any software developers, then you might sometimes wonder about the nature of their work. What do those people do all day? Are they worth the money they make? What goes on in their workplace?
Software development is a wide-reaching field and is infused with as many complicated challenges as any other profession. So, today we will discuss:
· What are the common tasks that customers ask software developers at Crowdbotics to execute?
· What project management tools do software developers use to track their work?
What do software developers do?
Crowdbotics software developers research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for different business verticals, including communications, industrial, aerospace, military, scientific, medical, business, and general computing applications.
Crowdbotics developers are experts in creating apps for desktop, mobile, and web. Their main job is to understand the customer's needs and customize the app accordingly. They have good problem solving skills, which are crucial for creating apps efficiently.
Crowdbotics developers work with PMs who help businesses identify the needs of their target groups and design their software. Developers also help install and maintain software using the Crowdbotics platform, ensuring efficient performance and regular updates. Software updates are automatically implemented by the Crowdbotics platform, ensuring up-to-date application security. This ensures that client apps perform effectively in the long run with zero maintenance.
A typical day for a Crowdbotics Software Developer includes the following activities:
- Building pieces of the app in accordance with the customer’s product requirements.
- Developing software system testing or validation procedures.
- Creating app documentation.
- Connecting with product managers to understand detailed information about project specifications and application flow.
- Ensuring that apps follow the current trends and best practices within the software industry.
- Troubleshooting problems in current app builds to optimize results and increase productivity.
What are common questions that customers ask Crowdbotics software developers?
Below are some questions that customers often have about the development process:
Q1. What are the phases of custom software development?
When it comes to cross-platform app development, Crowdbotics experts are well-versed in each standard phase of the development cycle:
- Identifying the needs of customers.
- Analyzing software requirements to ensure that the finished product can be tested against business goals.
- Implementing the specific product roadmap that has been agreed to by Crowdbotics and the customer via incremental Kanban development.
- Testing and quality assurance related to the completed product. Consistent maintenance is also required to keep the software updated.
Q2. What are the features included in my app?
Your application's features will depend on the purpose of your app. Software developers at Crowdbotics must understand the problem that your app addresses before they can develop it. For this reason, Crowdbotics PMs and developers first work with clients to identify the problem that's being solved and offer a clear picture of how software can solve it.
According to Crowdbotics' experts, ''To successfully implement any idea, it's essential to first understand the reason behind that idea'.'
Q3. Who creates estimates based on requirements from the customer? Do they have development experience?
Obtaining the correct requirements from the customer is crucial to the success of any project. While the best salespeople may be trained to do this, I believe that using a person with development expertise makes this process more reliable.
Anyone who is estimating an app's cost should have proper knowledge of programming languages so that they can decide which one is to be used and even recommend them to customers. They should be good at understanding how databases work so they can manage the operations required by the client.
To ensure the most accurate estimates possible, Crowdbotics developers and product managers work hand-in-hand to accurately estimate the tasks and provide proper timelines and budgets.
What PM tools do developers use to track their work?
Developers often track their progress within project management software rather than in dedicated developer-only tooling. This helps to give everyone easy insight into the current state of a product build.
There are several project management tools in the market to help you get organized and help you communicate with your team and your clients. Different project management tools have different features. Here are some of the leading project management tools for software development:
Scoro is a comprehensive solution that combines all the features that perfectly cater to your project management needs, including quotes, team collaboration, projects and tasks, contact management, billing, and reporting.
- Projects with sub-tasks and deadlines
- Contact management
- Detailed reports on project progress and finances
- Real-time KPI dashboard
- Shared team calendar and meeting scheduler
- Quoting and invoicing with pre-set templates
- Time tracking and billing for work
An alternative to conventional emailing, ProofHub offers a multitude of tools for integrating multiple project management features.
- Online team discussions and chats
- Task delegating and assignments
- Assigned user roles
- Reporting and tracking project history
- Secure file storage
WorkBook is a popular software suite that helps in the effective management of project and resources, forecasting and accounting, collaboration, CRM, and file sharing.
- Sales pipeline
- Client portal
- Project and tasks lists
- Gantt charts
- Financial features like forecasts and budgets
Infused with helpful project management features, software developers use this tool for milestone tracking and budget comparison. With a user-friendly interface, it offers an amazing user experience.
- Scheduling meetings
- Projects with sub-tasks and milestones
- Interactive real-time reporting
- To-do lists and time-tracking
- Estimations of budget
HubSpot is a great way to track client communication and project updates.
- Track the different stages of your sales and project cycle
- Communicate with the client via email/phone and track all conversations
- Easily managed analytics
This is an especially good tool for remote teams. It helps in project planning, team building, and scheduling meetings so that work can be done and coordinated with all of its associated activities.
- Aligning teams with tasks
- Automating your workflows
- Use of shortcuts
- Available Chrome extensions
Jira is an agile project management tool that supports Scrum, Kanban, and other customized options. With the help of a single tool, you can manage and plan agile software development programs.
- Helps your team become more accurate about future sprint plans
- Design workflows
- Customizing dashboards
- Control charts and reporting makes analysis better
- Kanban boards
- Story cards
This is a leading business communication platform. It gives developers important updates and notifies them about important messages and meetings.
- Advanced Search modifiers
- Pinning important messages
- Multiple formatting options
- Customized keyword notifications
Crowdbotics for Product Management
Although it isn't a product management tool, Crowdbotics is a self-serve app builder that automates, abstracts, and reproduces many of these product management features within a single platform.
Designers can implement their designs directly within the app using a drag-and-drop interface for various screen sizes. They can also view and test a live demo of their app within the Crowdbotics dashboard.
Developers can rapidly assemble underlying data models, generate self-documenting, arbitrary APIs, and deploy to a live URL with a single click. A two-way integration with GitHub and integrated code editor (coming soon) makes it easy to perfect an app's performance with custom code.
The all-in-one nature of the Crowdbotics platform represents a completely new approach to software development that is faster, cheaper, and more modern than conventional approaches.
Crowdbotics has a talented network of software developers who enjoy a pleasant, productive, supportive, remote work environment. Developers collaborate with PMs and clients to ensure that quality software is delivered within minimal time and according to budget.
If you'd like to work with our developers, please reach out to Crowdbotics today.